Lower Secondary School
(Age: 11 to 14 years old – Year 7 and Year 8)
Cambridge Lower Secondary (Key stage 3) is a natural progression for children from primary.
This stage develops young learners who are confident, responsible, reflective, innovative, and engaged. Aspire International School’s curriculum equips our students with significant life skills; in addition, it ignites students’ critical thinking, communication, and collaboration skills.
Our excellent teachers help pupils build skills, knowledge, and understanding in:
- English (first or second language)
- Cambridge Global Perspectives
- ICT Starters
- Social Studies (Arabic)
- Second Language: French and German
- Physical Education
Cambridge Lower Secondary includes optional tests to help us assess our students’ development.
There are two assessment options:
- Cambridge Lower Secondary Progression Tests – for each year group and marked by teachers.
- Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint – at the end of the primary programme. In English as a first or second language, Mathematics, and Science.
Checkpoint tests are marked by Cambridge and provide us with an external international benchmark for student performance – an invaluable source of information for students, parents, and teachers.
Key Stage 3 provides a foundation for further study – it is an excellent preparation for Cambridge Upper Secondary (IGCSE/Advanced level).